NUSADAILY.COM-KUPANG – The Government of East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) is opening all leading tourist destinations for foreign and domestic tourists from 15 June 2020.
As stated by Head of the Public Relations and Protocol Bureau of the Regional Secretariat of the Province of East Nusa Tenggara, Marius Ardu Jelamu in a press statement in Kupang, quoted nusadaily.com Wednesday, May 27, 2020.
Marius explained that in a coordination meeting of the NTT Governor, Viktor Bungtilu Laiskodat with the regents and mayors of Kupang that was conducted virtually.
According to Marius, governance in NTT has agreed to open all access to tourism. This is to support the economic development of the community and tourism businesses in NTT.
He said, the tourist destination was opened after the NTT government reactivated development activities and government services simultaneously throughout NTT on 15 June 2020.
The NTT government previously closed all transportation access to a number of tourist destinations. That is to prevent the spread of new corona virus or COVID-19.
In the meeting which was also attended by a number of members of the NTT Provincial Muspida agreed. That all leading tourist destinations in this island-based province are opened for tourists to visit.
He said several leading tourist destinations such as Komodo Island in West Manggarai Regency. Then Wae Rebo in Manggarai Regency. As well as a number of tourist destinations on the islands of Sumba, Alor, Rote Ndao and Sabu Raijua. Everything can be visited by tourists from 15 June 2020.
Governor Viktor Bungtilu Laiskodat said Marius, hoping that the regional governments that have superior tourism destinations will anticipate. Ie to increase the flow of tourist visits after a number of tourist destinations were opened.
“The district government, which has tourist destinations that are visited by tourists, has begun to anticipate. Mainly to increase the flow of tourist visits. Because we can be sure there are many tourists who come to visit this area, “said Marius. (yos)